KOLOSS Automatic Arm Barrier (6.0m to 12.0m)
Built for industrial areas where access control is of a concern, the KOLOSS Automatic Arm Barrier can cover up to 12 meters in length and can be equipped with a variety of additional options that can meet customer needs.
These highly reliable, aluminium automatic systems can be powder coated to any RAL or BS number upon ordering.
Designed for entrances up to 12 metres wide, the barrier is compatible with a variety of different control mechanisms including remote controls, keypads and swipe cards. Manufactured from high quality aluminium, this system has an IP54 protection rating.
- Cabinet and boom made of aluminium.
- Aluminium boom with rubber tube on underside and red reflective stripes.
- Available up to 12m lengths.
- Available with fixed or swing support (required over 6m).
- 10 years warranty against rust perforation of the powder coated aluminium housing.
- Hi quality TRIACS for at least 5,000,000 movements.
- Complies with EMC Directive and CE marked.
- Complies with the Machinery Directive.
- 100% duty cycle.
- Safety facility through reverse function.
- Skirt option available depending on size.
- Standard colours, Lid - blue RAL 5012, Cabinet - white RAL9010.
- Other colours are available.
- LED boom lighting is available.
- Boom length options: 6.0m to 8.0m
- Cabinet: 1100 x 400 x 450mm. Made from aluminium, powder coated white & blue Standard colours.
- Weight 118kg.
- Arm: Aluminium boom 138 x 60mm with red reflective stripes and rubber tube on the boom underside.
- Counterbalance: Three tension springs for 250,000 operations.
- Running time: between 4.0s and 8.5s depending on length of boom.
- Logic Controller: MO64, incorporating advanced safety features, including reversal on reaching obstruction.
- Power supply requirement: Single phase, 240v, 2.5amp (max).
- Induction Loop and Vehicle detectors
Inductive loop detectors or photoelectric cell systems control the barrier by detecting vehicles. Inductive loops detect the interactive field change of a vehicle as it passes over its wound cable ‘loop’. Photoelectric cells use a reflective beam, ‘sensing’ an object when the beam is broken.
- Remote Controls
Push buttons and switches provide easy local control of the barrier, for barrier systems that are permanently manned. Alternatively a keyswitch can be fitted to the barrier cabinet with control override raise & lower commands (key may be removed at any position).
- Card Technology
Magnetic stripe and proximity card technologies provide the ideal solution for controlling access for a large number of users. Each card is encoded with a site code and an individual number, providing very secure access control and easy system management. Timed allocation and capture (Magnetic stripe only) systems are also available
Intercom systems provide easy remote verification before allowing visitor access. The only effective system for providing visitor access to a site. Site Surveys are advised for all automatic systems to ensure correct, safe operation and the most suitable control combinations are selected. Suitable signage is recommended to ensure drivers and pedestrians are aware of automatic barrier operation. Safe provision should always be allowed for pedestrians where required.
- Other access control systems are available, please ask for more information